EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
L.A. Fracking Study By and For Gas Industry, Not L.A.
A long-awaited report that could open the floodgates for fracking in LA County - deemed the largest urban oil field in the country with over 15 billion barrels of recoverable oil - turns out to have been done, not by the county as advertised, but by a "consulting firm" with strong ties to TransCanada and the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, with funding by the operator of the L.A. oil field, with review by "independent firms" with strong ties to the oil and gas industry. The study found - surprise! - "no harm" from fracking.