EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Unlike the Nobel, Practical and Exemplary Answers
With the head-scratching decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize to the countries of Europe for not going to war with itself - and observers wryly noting at least the prize wasn't for economics - a look at the "alternative Nobels" from Right Livelihood. They cite four activists working toward "the essential conditions for global peace and security": nonviolent resistance, a recognition the arms industry is part of the problem, human and women’s rights, and the preservation of ecological resources.