EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Unlike the Nobel, Practical and Exemplary Answers
With the head-scratching decision to award the Nobel Peace Prize to the countries of Europe for not going to war with itself - and observers wryly noting at least the prize wasn't for economics - a look at the "alternative Nobels" from Right Livelihood. They cite four activists working toward "the essential conditions for global peace and security": nonviolent resistance, a recognition the arms industry is part of the problem, human and women’s rights, and the preservation of ecological resources.