EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
Not Now, Not Ever, With Style: PM Calls Out Smarmy Colleague On His "Repulsive Double Standards"
Turning the Tables 101: With America's GOP giddily marching ahead into the 18th century by disenfranchising, endangering and insulting women - slashing women's health services across Texas, calling sexual assault victims "controversial characters" in Missouri, claiming "some girls rape easy" in Wisconsin - it's invigorating to hear Julia Gillard, Australia's first female prime minister, furiously rip a new one for opposition leader Tony Abbott when he tries to link her to a sexist text-message scandal involving one of her allies. Bonus: the rowdy "hear-hears."
"I will not be lectured about misogyny and sexism by this man, not now, not ever....If he wants to know what misogyny looks like in modern Australia, he doesn't need a motion in the house of Representatives, he needs a mirror."