EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- In 'March Toward Disaster,' World Hits 400 PPM Milestone
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
Today's Top News
Stay Back But Don't Worry: Halliburton Finally Stumbles on the Radioactive Rod It Somehow Lost In the Desert
Good news, nation: After an almost-month-long search by the National Guard, local police and health officials, an oilfield worker found a radioactive rod that the ever-reliable Hallliburton had lost on a 130-mile trip between fracking sites in the Texas desert. The worker found the seven-inch rod, which contains americium-241/beryllium - a potential ingredient in a dirty bomb and termed a "category 3" source of radiation by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) - lying along the highway near Pecos. The FBI determined that there was "no criminal activity" involved with the loss. We feel so much better.
“Apparently we take our nuclear waste, throw it in the back of a pick-up truck and drive around until the wind blows it away or it falls off on the side of the road...We don't need terrorism - we have Halliburton." - Gordon Duff, senior editor of Veterans Today