EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Speaking Truth to Savagery
Following a court battle, those flamingly anti-Islam ads from Pamela Geller’s American Freedom Defense Initiative (sic) - the ones touting "savages vs. civilized man" - went up in New York subway stations this week. It didn't take long for residents to say what they thought of them. At last report, seven have gotten a welcome, truth-telling makeover and Twitter is abuzz. You gotta love New Yorkers.
"In New York we speak 140 languages, and hate isn't one of them."