EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
Speaking Truth to Savagery
Following a court battle, those flamingly anti-Islam ads from Pamela Geller’s American Freedom Defense Initiative (sic) - the ones touting "savages vs. civilized man" - went up in New York subway stations this week. It didn't take long for residents to say what they thought of them. At last report, seven have gotten a welcome, truth-telling makeover and Twitter is abuzz. You gotta love New Yorkers.
"In New York we speak 140 languages, and hate isn't one of them."