EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
The Tea Party Election Day Army, Coming to Your State
From Colorlines, an alarming look at True (sic) the Vote and other right-wing, Koch-funded groups working hard to deploy an army of over 1,000 citizen volunteers, all of whom are encouraged to “build relationships with election administrators,” to watch polls in 35 states for “irregularities” and anything that looks "funny, funky, fraudulent" - unwritten coda: especially by people with suspiciously brown skin - to make sure the election is not "stolen" by Denocrats with the “illegal alien vote” and a “food stamp army.” These are the determined folks behind a nationwide slew of voter suppression efforts; attention must be paid.