EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
A Boy On A Horse
Glimpse of an Occupation: In the divided city of Hebron, where Palestinians are permitted only in certain areas, Badia Dwaik tries to show a visitor Shuhada Street, the former and now shuttered center of the city. A settler boy rides into view and calls imperiously to a nearby Israeli soldier, "He's Arab, he can't be here." Dwaik responds with the weary calm of a man used to enduring the unendurable. Shaky video, but powerful.
Update: Remember those racist bus ads? Some adults have "edited" them.