EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Transcript: Today's Live Q&A With NSA Leaker, Edward Snowden
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
- Obama Cans Regulator Who Crossed Wall Street
- Pentagon Bracing for Public Dissent Over Climate and Energy Shocks
Today's Top News
The Wonderment Project: Travels With Hay Ball
In "a gentle act of defiance" and "embrace (of) the idiosyncratic," Maine sculptor Michael Shaughnessy is taking his hay ball on a two-month, cross-country journey that melds public art, social analysis, documentary photo and "the art of the roadside attraction," all in the name of simple delight. In a joyful nod to John Steinbeck and his populist ideology, the hay ball will roughly follow the route of Steinbeck's “Travels with Charley: Searching for America,” celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Hay: A "fleeting and wobbly gift from Maine to the nation." A joyful Kickstarter project.