EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
War Is Fun! Especially When You Can Make Money Off It!
Moving ever further to render war in this culture akin to sport and game and entertainment, NBC has come up with an amoral whopper of a "reality" show: Stars Earn Stripes, wherein a "star-studded cast" - with the likes of Todd Palin - will act out military missions, "from helicopter drops into water to long-range weapons fire," paired with real live soldiers. A campaign to protest war as bloodless sport by Just Foreign Policy and RootsAction.org here.