EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- Patent Filing Claims Solar Energy ‘Breakthrough’
- Disaster Capitalism Strikes as Hedge Funds Circle Near-Bankrupt Municipalities Like Vultures
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- In 'March Toward Disaster,' World Hits 400 PPM Milestone
Today's Top News
The Fear of God, Or Not
Walmart - whose longstanding anti-union efforts include a private jet to fly mobile union avoidance teams anywhere it detects a threat - is facing entirely believable accusations it's engaged in an illegal campaign to stamp out union activity after firing five employees involved in organizing efforts. Meanwhile, anger against them grows. Organizers recently held the biggest rally ever against Walmart's plan to build in L.A.'s Chinatown; OUR Walmart, a growing non-traditional organizing campaign, just celebrated its first-year anniversary, and Walmart at 50 is a new online forum to air grievances and plans for actions. Flash mobs - this one was last summer in D.C. - are fun too.