EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Why US Fracking Companies Are Licking Their Lips Over Ukraine
Today's Top News
The Fear of God, Or Not
Walmart - whose longstanding anti-union efforts include a private jet to fly mobile union avoidance teams anywhere it detects a threat - is facing entirely believable accusations it's engaged in an illegal campaign to stamp out union activity after firing five employees involved in organizing efforts. Meanwhile, anger against them grows. Organizers recently held the biggest rally ever against Walmart's plan to build in L.A.'s Chinatown; OUR Walmart, a growing non-traditional organizing campaign, just celebrated its first-year anniversary, and Walmart at 50 is a new online forum to air grievances and plans for actions. Flash mobs - this one was last summer in D.C. - are fun too.