Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
The Fear of God, Or Not
Walmart - whose longstanding anti-union efforts include a private jet to fly mobile union avoidance teams anywhere it detects a threat - is facing entirely believable accusations it's engaged in an illegal campaign to stamp out union activity after firing five employees involved in organizing efforts. Meanwhile, anger against them grows. Organizers recently held the biggest rally ever against Walmart's plan to build in L.A.'s Chinatown; OUR Walmart, a growing non-traditional organizing campaign, just celebrated its first-year anniversary, and Walmart at 50 is a new online forum to air grievances and plans for actions. Flash mobs - this one was last summer in D.C. - are fun too.