EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
On Fracking and Irony
Ohio residents are blocking access to an injection well in Trumbull County - with at least one activist chained to the gate - to protest the failure of Ohio regulators to test toxic fracking wastewater after a spill at one of the state's other 170 wells. Emergency responders at the site conducted only a simple pH test, with officials who evidently couldn't see the rust-colored residue saying they lacked the resources to do more unless there is “legitimate concern” of environmental damage. This, after business and civic leaders gathered in Cleveland last week to hear that Ohio's emerging gas industry will be great for everyone and fracking is in fact "not that complicated." The speaker: Bob Dudley, the new CEO for BP.