EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Bye-Bye Miss American Pie
A video from September 2009 has surfaced via liveleak.com showing a 101st Airbornehelicopter crew in Wardack province singing "Bye-bye Miss American Pie" before blasting a group of Afghan men, who may or may not be doing anything illegal, with a Hellfire missile, after which survivors run for cover. Most chilling: The blithely admiring "Nice!" after the hit.
"Any impression of impropriety on the video is not representative of the professional service members who make up the (NATO) coalition." - Martin Crighton, spokesman for Nato-led forces in Afghanistan.