EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Report: Toxic Chemicals Found in Thousands of Children's Products
- Move Over, Koch Brothers: A Bigger, Darker Rightwing Funder Is Out to Destroy Public Education
- You and Your Family Are Guinea Pigs for the Chemical Corporations
- After Boston, Eyes-Wide Open Hope?
- The Life and Death of Words, People, and Even Nature
Today's Top News
Higgs Boson Has No Views on Abortion or Gay Marriage
With a God vs. Science debate swirling over physicists' discovery of the Higgs boson or so-called God particle, viewed as the building block of the universe, its 83-year-old namesake Peter Higgs put much of the political and theological talk to rest in his first interview, saying ‘God particle’ was a joke by another academic who had called it the ‘goddamn particle’ because it was so hard to find, and he has no “no idea” what its use could be given its miniscule lifespan of a millionth of a millionth of a millionth of a millionth of a second. Still, he adds, “It’s very nice to be right sometimes.”