EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Men Too Hormonal and Moody to Make Sound Financial Decisions
More bad news for the global economy: Men - who run everything, still - are so beholden to fluctuations in their ever-volatile, often-zany hormones they may doom the whole system through their inevitable, stupid, testosterone-fueled mistakes. So says a new book on biology's role in market behavior, based on research that analyzed traders' spit during market sessions and found, essentially, that men are having their periods all the time, so beware.
"Market participants aren't the rational automatons of most financial theory. They are biological organisms responding with a neural and physiological apparatus designed millions of years ago" - and possibly, not so well.