EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- The Change Within: The Obstacles We Face Are Not Just External
- Does Climate Apathy Hinge on 'Pervasive' American Stupidity?
- 'Fuck Earth Day': Let This Year's Be The Last
- 'Straight from the Horse's Mouth': Former Oil Exec Says Fracking Not Safe
Today's Top News
Wanted: Senior Human Rights Abuser Experienced In Inflicting Extreme Pain and Suffering. Excellent Benefits, Flexible Location.
To get their searing point across, a new educational and fundraising campaign by the UK-based Freedom From Torture, which gives medical care to survivors of torture, features help-wanted "ads" in mainstream papers.
“The government of a Middle Eastern state is recruiting a senior torturer to work in a well-equipped prison. Our ideal candidate would be prepared to inflict extreme pain and suffering....Familiarity with medical and dental equipment and knowledge of human anatomy is required. Daily work will involve penetrating injuries, blunt trauma, electric shocking, asphyxiation and traumatic removal of digits and limbs."