EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists into Violent Terrorists
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Revealed: How US State Department 'Twists Arms' on Monsanto's Behalf
- Victory in Seattle as Teachers Win Battle in Standardized Test Boycott
Today's Top News
I'm Sorry, Dude, I Can't Breathe, I Can't Breathe
A California judge has ruled that two police officers will go to trial on homicide charges in the 2011 death of Kelly Thomas, 37, a homeless schizophrenic man they beat, punched and tasered to death for no apparent reason outside a Fullerton bus station. The D.A. has also said he may charge at least one more officer. A preliminary hearing featured chilling, previously undisclosed video footage from a surveillance camera and bystanders' cell phones. Warning: very graphic. Same for photos.
Update: An expose on Fullerton police says they've been doing this sort of thing for years.