EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- The Judicial Lynching of Bradley Manning
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
Today's Top News
Rahm Vs. Morello and Nurses United
Morello at Occupy SXSW in Austin earlier this year.
The city of Chicago has yanked the permit for a National Nurses United march to Daley Plaza during the NATO summit after rocker and activist Tom Morello, formerly of Rage Against the Machine, joined the line-up. Organizers charged the city is trying to "marginalize" the nurses, who are calling for a Wall Street transaction tax, but Morello insisted, "We won't be silenced and we won't be stopped."
"Chicago is my hometown and the mayor is making me feel mighty unwelcome... If Rahm Emanuel is so afraid of my popularity in Chicago maybe I should run against him in the next election. See you in the streets."