EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Patent Filing Claims Solar Energy ‘Breakthrough’
- Disaster Capitalism Strikes as Hedge Funds Circle Near-Bankrupt Municipalities Like Vultures
- Ignoring Bee Crisis, EPA Greenlights New 'Highly Toxic' Pesticide
Today's Top News
The Air We Breathe: Better But Not Good Enough
In advance of Air Quality Awareness Week, the American Lung Association has released its annual report on the state of our air. The short version: More than four in ten Americans, or 127 million people, still breathe unhealthy air, with 10 cities in California the most polluted; Santa Fe, N.M. has the cleanest air in the country; 22 of 25 cities with the most ozone pollution improved their air quality; much work remains.