EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
Today's Top News
39 Ways, At least, To Limit Free Speech
Two looks at the case of Tarek Mehanna, a 29-year old Muslim in Massachusetts just sentenced to 17 years in prison for “material support to a terrorist organization” - despite having no contact with said organization - after he translated “39 Ways to Serve and Participate in Jihad,” an Arabic document widely available online offering jihadist tips from “Have Enmity Towards the Disbelievers” to “Learn to Swim and Ride Horses.” Glenn Greenwald takes a deeply personal look at individuals and communities whose lives are devastated by what has become, almost without protest, "a separate justice system for Muslims."