EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Corporate Win: Supreme Court Says Monsanto Has 'Control Over Product of Life'
- Cornel West: Obama 'Is a War Criminal'
- Patent Filing Claims Solar Energy ‘Breakthrough’
- Disaster Capitalism Strikes as Hedge Funds Circle Near-Bankrupt Municipalities Like Vultures
- Ignoring Bee Crisis, EPA Greenlights New 'Highly Toxic' Pesticide
Today's Top News
It Starts Here
In the wake of the suicide of 14-year-old Kenneth James Weishuhn, the Sioux City Journal took the rare step of devoting Sunday's front page to an editorial passionately arguing it is not just schools that must stop the bullying of gay, or any other kids; it is "the business of all of us...our responsibility...our mandate." Echoing them, kids have started a poignant Facebook memorial page.
"Now our community and region must face this stark reality: We are all to blame. We have not done enough. Not nearly enough....This is not a failure of one group of kids, one school, one town, one county or one geographic area. Rather, it exposes a fundamental flaw in our society, one that has deep-seated roots. Until now, it has been too difficult, inconvenient - maybe even painful - to address. But we can't keep looking away."