EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
- Developing: Earthquake Hits Japan Amid Fukushima Fuel Rod Removal
- Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet
- Dump It in the Ocean: TEPCO's Plan for Radioactive Fukushima Water
- The Obamacare Disaster and the Poison of Party Loyalty
Today's Top News
Meet The Real George Zimmerman, Or At Least the One Who Wants You to Give Him Money
The site's Photos link.
Even as protesters closed down the Sanford Police Department to demand justice for Trayvon Martin, his shooter George Zimmerman, who has yet to be charged, launched a website to raise money for "living expenses and legal defense" and ensure "my supporters (are) receiving my full attention." Understandably, Martin's family blasted the move. Zimmerman's bare-bones site links to "My Race" - a Thomas Paine quote: "The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion" and "Photos," showing graffiti that defaced Ohio State University's Black Cultural Center. Chutzpah, thy name is Zimmerman.
"You know he says that he experienced a life-altering event. Well, Trayvon Martin experienced a life-ending event.'' - Benjamin Crump, attorney for Trayvon Martin's family.
Update: Zimmerman's lawyers have quit the case. They say they have lost touch with their increasingly erratic "client" and don't know where he is.