EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Scared to Death in the USA
- We’re Not Broke — We’ve Been Robbed
- With Scant Media Attention, 'Human Catastrophe of Epic Proportions' Unfolding
- Wave of Black Friday Strikes Kicks Off as Walmart CEO Steps Down
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
Today's Top News
Black Cop Shot 28 Times by White Cops Convicted Of Attempted Murder. Really.
An incredible - and grossly under-reported - story out of Chicago, where Howard Morgan, a black 60-year-old former police officer working railroad security, was stopped for an alleged traffic violation, shot 28 times (21 in the back) by four white former colleagues, and inexplicably survived, only to be charged - and tried twice by a prosecutor who argued, "Every bullet he got, he earned" - with trying to kill them. His sentencing is Thursday; he faces up to 80 years in prison. Occupy Chicago is involved. And there's a Change.org petition.
Update: Morgan, now 61, was sentenced Thursday to 40 years in prison.
"I am in God's hands," said Morgan after the sentence was handed down.