EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
RNC Convention: No Masks or Rope, Bring On the Guns
Banned in Tampa
Go Figure Dept: Hoping to fend off wild-eyed anarchists and other unruly types, Tampa officials prepping for this summer's Republican convention want to set up a "clean zone" where protesters will be forbidden to wield water or air pistols, plastic or metal pipe, or wood longer than a ruler - but guns, thanks to Florida's loopy laws, are fine by them. The dichotomy, note gun control advocates, is not just dumb, but counter-intuitive.
"I don't think many of the people at that end of the spectrum carry guns anyway. This is a Republican thing." - gun-control advocate Arthur Hayhoe.