EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Edward Snowden: Saving Us from the United Stasi of America
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- The Judicial Lynching of Bradley Manning
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
Today's Top News
RNC Convention: No Masks or Rope, Bring On the Guns
Banned in Tampa
Go Figure Dept: Hoping to fend off wild-eyed anarchists and other unruly types, Tampa officials prepping for this summer's Republican convention want to set up a "clean zone" where protesters will be forbidden to wield water or air pistols, plastic or metal pipe, or wood longer than a ruler - but guns, thanks to Florida's loopy laws, are fine by them. The dichotomy, note gun control advocates, is not just dumb, but counter-intuitive.
"I don't think many of the people at that end of the spectrum carry guns anyway. This is a Republican thing." - gun-control advocate Arthur Hayhoe.