Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
In the Name of Noble Freedom, No Slutty-Slut Pills For You Unless We Say So
The latest insanity in lady news comes from Arizona, where the state Senate passed a measure giving employers the power to deny prescribed birth control pills to any female employee unless she provides proof she's not using it for, umm, birth control. No, really. And it's all about freedom ie: the freedom of a few wackos to tell the rest of us how to live. Bonus: Today's Doonesbury.
“I believe we live in America. We don’t live in the Soviet Union. So government should not be telling organizations or employers to do something against their moral beliefs… My whole legislation is about our First Amendment rights and freedom of religion.” - Majority Whip Debbie Lesko, author of Arizona House Bill 2625
And from MoveOn.org: