EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
NYPD: Making the Crime Numbers Look Good, Seemingly At Any Cost
The incredible story of Adrian Schoolcraft, an NYPD officer in the 81st Precinct who after whistleblowing on corruption and under-reporting of serious crimes was, for his trouble, taken in handcuffs to a psychiatric ward, served with administrative charges and suspended without pay for two years, during which time the NYPD was, in fact, sitting on a 95-page report that confirmed his claims. From The Village Voice.
"This is a culture. This is happening in every precinct, every transit district, and every police housing service area." - John Eterno, criminologist and former NYPD captain, on the systemic pressure to "make the crime numbers look good."