EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 12 Mandela Quotes That Won't Be In the Corporate Media Obituaries
- Radioactive Fukushima Water Headed for US West Coast
- Movement Rises to Kick 'Corporate Reform' Out of Public Schools
- If Nelson Mandela Really Had Won, He Wouldn't Be Seen as a Universal Hero
- Let's Get This Straight: AIG Execs Got Bailout Bonuses, but Pensioners Get Cuts
Today's Top News
On Love and Loss and Fairness, From (Gasp) A Compassionate Republican
The highlight of Washington's approval of gay marriage this week was an eloquent, emotional speech by Rep. Maureen Walshm, one of two Republicans who defied their party to vote for equality. Sometimes near tears, Walsh spoke of her loving marriage, her gay daughter, and her conscience, proving for the zillionth time that the political is personal and vice versa.