EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
Hate Loses: Bring On the Sock Discounts
The joyful face of yesterday's California ruling
Could it be the tide is (excruciatingly slowly) turning? To wit: The historic ruling striking down California's Proposition 8, J.C Penney standing firm in support of Ellen DeGeneres as spokesperson despite her degenerate ways in the face of an attempted boycott by right-wing haters, and no less than Fox' Bill O'Reilly blasting it as a McCarthy-like "witch-hunt." Atypically, DeGeneres confronted on air the 'One Million Moms’ charge that Penney was "hopping on the 'pro-gay bandwagon' to undermine "traditional values." Typically, she was funny, laid-back and nice as can be about it.
"Being gay or pro-gay isn't a bandwagon. You don't get a free ride anywhere. There's no music…Occasionally we'll sing 'We Are Family.' But that's about it."