EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- Krugman: Worried About Oligarchy? You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
- Study: Fracking Emissions Up To 1000x Higher Than EPA Estimates
Today's Top News
Mmmm Good: Pink Slime and Ammonium Hydroxide
Okay, for any of you still eating Big Macs despite the aforementioned 7,642 reasons why you shouldn't: Possibly thanks to activist chef Jamie Oliver, McDonalds has announced they will stop adding "pink slime" - the filler of fatty beef trimmings swept off the slaughterhouse floor and then treated with ammonia (think: cleaning your kitchen floor) to kill off bacteria - to their burgers. They follow on the heels of Burger King and Taco Bell. We're still not going there. But still.
“Imagine how happy an accountant is - you just turned dog food into what can potentially be your kids’ food.” - Oliver on pink slime.