EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- One American Who Isn't For Sale
- Transcript: Today's Live Q&A With NSA Leaker, Edward Snowden
- Remembering Satyajit Ray’s Hirok Rajar Deshe: On Edward Snowden, Resistance and Inverted Totalitarianism
- Obama Cans Regulator Who Crossed Wall Street
- Pentagon Bracing for Public Dissent Over Climate and Energy Shocks
Today's Top News
100% Legal and At Least 10% Ethical: God Bless Citizens United
Resolutely highlighting the gaping absurdities of so-called campaign finance laws - and entertainingly blurring the already-tenuous lines between politics and performance art - Stephen Colbert last night announced an exploratory committee to become "president of the United States of South Carolina." To make his campaign as legal as any other candidate's, he first handed over his Super PAC to Jon Stewart, who winkingly renamed it the “Definitely Not Coordinating with Stephen Colbert Super PAC." They've already bought air time, though in reality there's no way he can get on the ballot. But we wish.