Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Costello on Costello: Steal This Record, and Buy Louis Armstrong Instead
Refreshingly, British singer-songwriter and punk elder Elvis Costello has balked at the outrageous $202.66 price - it "appears to be either a misprint or a satire" - his label imposed on his new box set, "The Return Of The Spectacular Spinning Songbook," and is urging music fans to buy “Ambassador Of Jazz,” a ten-album gift box "by one of the most beautiful and loving revolutionaries who ever lived – Louis Armstrong." He adds, "Frankly, the music is vastly superior."
"All our attempts to have this number revised have been fruitless but rather than detain you with tedious arguments about morality, panache and book-keeping...There are really bigger fish to filet these days....If on the other hand you should still want to hear and view the component parts of the above mentioned elaborate hoax, then those items will be available separately at a more affordable price in the New Year, assuming that you have not already obtained them by more unconventional means."