EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- The Empire Strikes Back: How Wall Street Has Turned Housing Into a Dangerous Get-Rich-Quick Scheme -- Again
- Scared to Death in the USA
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Bernie Sanders: To Defeat Oligarchy, I Would Run for President
- Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
Today's Top News
Unstrange Bedfellows: News Corp and Chamber
Plot Gets Thicker Dept: Murdoch's News Corp. is facing charges under a U.S. foreign bribery law. Activist groups have raised concerns about News Corp.’s connections to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which has undertaken a pricey lobbying campaign to weaken that law. Now News Corp. has hired the law firm of former Bush A.G. Michael Mukasey, who happens to be leading the Chamber's fight against the law. Hmmm.