EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 'Beyond Orwellian': Outrage Follows Revelations of Vast Domestic Spying Program
- The Bill of Rights Exists: An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein
- Major Loss to Organic Farmers as Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto
- Naomi Klein: 'Anti-Shock Doctrines' Show the Way to Resist
- NSA Whistleblower Revealed: Q&A with Edward Snowden
Today's Top News
One Year of Food = One Week of Tax Cuts. What's Wrong With This Picture?
The numbers continue to astound. The GOP House plan to slash over $900 million from three federal nutrition programs could deprive up to 500,000 women, infants and children - and they threw in some seniors for good measure - of the food they need. Most of that - $833 million - is equivalent to one week’s worth of Bush tax cuts for the rich. It would reduce the federal deficit by less than one-tenth of a percent. They call this "righting the ship." Positively Orwellian.