EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Radiation Soars 6,700 Times Legal Limit as Fukushima Disasters Continue Unabated
- Swiss Showing the World How to Take on Pay Inequality
- "I Am Free. I Am Free." Prisoner Herman Wallace Dies Just Days After Release
- Human Assault Pushes Ocean to Limit Unseen in 300 Million Years
- How Redistribution to the Rich Has Broken the Back of America
Today's Top News
04.25.11 - 12:33 PM
On Ass-Backward Priorities: The Recession Is the Fault of Foster Children and Their Hoity Toity Clothes
This Week's WTF News: Michigan's GOP lawmakers want to close a $1.4 billion deficit and fund $1.8 billion in business tax cuts. They propose to do this by cutting disability assistance, early childhood funding, indigent burial expenses and requiring foster children to spend their $79 clothing allowance only at second-hand stores. This might save as much as $200,000, and thus our national economy and the world as we know it. Sorry but we're speechless.
"Give me a break." - Gilda Jacobs, president of the Michigan League for Human Services.