EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare
- Developing: Earthquake Hits Japan Amid Fukushima Fuel Rod Removal
- Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet
- Dump It in the Ocean: TEPCO's Plan for Radioactive Fukushima Water
- The Obamacare Disaster and the Poison of Party Loyalty
Today's Top News
04.25.11 - 11:33 AM
On Ass-Backward Priorities: The Recession Is the Fault of Foster Children and Their Hoity Toity Clothes
This Week's WTF News: Michigan's GOP lawmakers want to close a $1.4 billion deficit and fund $1.8 billion in business tax cuts. They propose to do this by cutting disability assistance, early childhood funding, indigent burial expenses and requiring foster children to spend their $79 clothing allowance only at second-hand stores. This might save as much as $200,000, and thus our national economy and the world as we know it. Sorry but we're speechless.
"Give me a break." - Gilda Jacobs, president of the Michigan League for Human Services.