EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- Ukraine in Context: What You Don't Know About a New Cold War
Today's Top News
Not For Sale
Johanna Siguroardottir is Iceland's first female and the world's first openly lesbian head of state.
Iceland just passed a law banning all strip clubs, making it the first country to ban stripping for feminist rather than religious reasons. The tiny country has a strong women's movement and the world's first openly gay head of state, and almost half its politicians are women.
"It is not acceptable that women or people in general are a product to be sold." - Kolbrún Halldórsdóttir, the politician who first proposed the ban.