Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
About That Doing Unto Others Thing...
Oh my Allah. Now right-wingers are up in vociferously-defended arms because Best Buy's vast and stuff-packed Thanksgiving flyer included a little-bitty ad wishing Muslims "Happy Eid al-Adha," a holiday that 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide mark by giving to charity. Dear hate-and-fear-filled, so-called Christian folks: It's the season of understanding, even among those of us who are not you. Try, please.
"It makes perfect business sense to acknowledge and celebrate a holiday that one out of four people celebrate." - Ahmed Rehab, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.