We welcome your comments on our articles, as long as they are respectful, relevant and civil in tone. We do not pre-moderate comments. However, in order to maintain this site as a trusted and useful resource, we reserve the right to remove any post that does not comply with our Comment Policy, or simply is not in keeping with our editorial standards for civility.
Common Dreams uses DISQUS for our readers commenting on our articles. If you wish to comment, you will need a DISQUS account - sign up here. If you already have a DISQUS account and your comments are not appearing on Common Dreams, you may have to verify your e-mail address with DISQUS here. If you can't view any comments under our articles be sure that the URL of the page you are viewing does not begin "https", if so, delete the "s" in the URL to "http" and comments should appear.
Unfortunately, sometimes legitimate comments get caught up in the auto spam filters. We try to manually scan the spam folder and release comments that should not have been sent there but --because of the vast amount of spam -- we often don't have the time to do this.
Any commenter who ignores our policies may be banned permanently and without notice.
We may delete any comment that contains:
- Slander, personal attacks or abusive, hateful, offensive, or racist language or material.
- Spam or links to spam (repeated attempts to redirect readers to another website are considered spam).
- Comments off-topic to the article.
- All capital letters.
- Intentionally inflammatory rhetoric.
- Links to inappropriate or unrelated content.
- Identical, repetitive comments posted on multiple articles.
- Excessively long URLs
- Personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Blatantly promotional content.
- Reproduced copyrighted articles from other sources: provide a link only.
- More than 1,000 words. Text continued to another post to bypass the 1000-word limit will be deleted.
-- Common Dreams will delete the account and ban the IP address of any commenter (person) found using multiple aliases under multiple e-mail addresses in a deceptive manner. When an account is deleted all past comments are automatically deleted.
Our comment section is provided for readers' opinions. The staff and the board of Common Dreams do not fact-check the statements posted here, and do not necessarily agree with the opinions.
Disclaimer: Common Dreams, Inc. is not responsible for injury or liability to any reader or commenter resulting from the content posted on the site, or from comments posted by readers, that may be viewed as offensive, misleading, inaccurate, illegal, or otherwise unsuitable.